If you use or have clients that use Resco MobileCRM for Dynamics CRM Office 365 (CRM Online) then you may have received and email informing you of a critical issue due to a change in authentication;
The email from Resco consists of the following;
Critical issue: Resco Mobile CRM is unable to connect and synchronize with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online (Office 365) organization. The On Premise installations of Microsoft Dynamics CRM are NOT affected.
Cause: Microsoft changed the authentication mechanism that causes a critical issue. The bug in the authentication policy parser was uncovered by the removal of a deprecated authentication policy.
Affected versions: All Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online organizations. All Resco Mobile CRM apps version 9.1.3 and older.
Dates: The change will be deployed by Microsoft automatically, starting on October 14th.
Fix: Update your Resco Mobile CRM app to version 9.1.4 by downloading the latest version from the app stores. No additional action is required at this time.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The steps to take are easy, you can get the latest version of Woodford using the “Update” button in the Silverlight application or navigate to; https://www.resco.net/mobilecrm/woodford.html and grab the related managed solution (at the time of writing 9.2.0).
I applied the changes in test first, ensuring that test users update the local mobile app and test prior to Production updates, and found the following steps below apply to ensure a smooth transition.
- Open the current version of Resco in CRM
- When the Silverlight app’ loads select your project(s) and click “Export” and then “Yes” to the dialog message
- Close the Woodford Application and navigate to the Solutions area of CRM
- Click to Import a solution and select the previously downloaded Woodford update
- Click to “Maintain” customisations and import the solution
- Check for alerts/errors then click “OK”.Please Note; at this point is may be a good idea to refresh your browser/clear the browser cache so you see the updated version of Resco Woodford in CRM.
- Launch the Woodford tool again (metadata will reload), check your build version has been updated
- Attempt to open the Mobile Project, if the project loads check for errors using the “validate” button, if all is well – click “Publish”Please Note; if the project should fail to load, click “Import” then select the backup of the Mobile Project taken earlier and “Ok”. Once the project has been imported, check for errors using the “validate” button, if all is well – click “Publish”.
- The final step is to get your Resco Mobile CRM users to download the latest compatible app version from their app store.
If you have any problems that cannot be addressed using these steps in test contact the helpful Resco support team.