System Administrators can add Custom Controls in MS Dynamics CRM Online with Update 1 for 2016. There a 15 new controls available to use for the CRM Phone and Tablet App.
In my previous post I talked briefly about the ability to add Custom Controls for use with the MS Dynamics CRM Phone and Tablet app’. In this post I will quickly show you how to locate and use these controls.
Before we get started, if you are working in solutions, you may want to create a new one, if so navigate to; Settings > Solutions > and click “New” to add a solution in CRM. Then add the Lead entity as used in this example (or the entity you wish to work with).
Please Note: With CRM 2016 you will need to select the assets to include in your solution, you can choose to “include all assets” if you wish to.
To add a custom control for an option set in the Lead form, please use the following navigation steps;
- Navigate to the lead entity in your solution (see above).
- Open the main “Lead” form, or alternatively navigate to the field list associated to the entity.
- Double-click the field or list you want to add the controls to; in this example we have used the “Preferred” field (preferredcontactmethodcode).
- Click the Controls tab, then Add Control.
- Select the control you want to use, (in this example – option set) and then click Add.
Please Note: Different controls are available depending on the field or list type. For example, slider controls might only be available for numerical or money fields.
- Select the devices you want the control to appear on (i.e. phone, tablet or both), then click “OK”. Alternatively you can choose to “Cancel” the configuration changes.
Please Note: Controls are not available for the phone header at this time. There may be additional steps to configure values based on the type of control.
- Save the form and click Publish.
- You should now be able to check your changes in the CRM Mobile App. Sign in to the app on your device , there should be a notification when you connect to your organisation, (like the one below). Then click Download.
Navigate to a lead record and you should see the field displayed using the new custom control selected as per the example from the mobile app’ below.